The mission of the County of Summit Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities is to be a primary community force that enables eligible individuals to work, live, learn, play and participate as equal citizens in their communities.
The CSBMR/DD is working towards a future where . . . person's served and their families are highly satisfied with their services and supports from the agency. The organization is welcoming and fosters a sense of belonging and provides the highest quality of services and supports on the most cost-effective basis possible. Individuals served are able to determine their own needs and make their own choices based on individual budgets managed and directed by himself or herself or a qualified person of their choosing. Services and supports are readily available and accessed within a reasonable period of time. Because of the individuals served association with the agency, each individual has a demonstrably better quality of life. Individuals and their families consistently choose the agency to provide their services and supports.
All employees are valued and are proud to be a part of the organization. The organization embraces, supports, and accepts diversity as well as encourages employees to become actively involved in decision making by listening to input and providing positive feedback. Calculated risk taking is also encouraged in the effort to achieve "best practice" in the provision of services and supports and is vital to the learning process of employees and to the overall health and success of the organization. Employees are supported in their efforts to develop self-accountability as they strive to improve the quality of life and professional interactions with individuals served.
By embracing the vision all eligible individuals and families are receiving timely, quality services and supports with which they are completely satisfied.
The County of Summit Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities is committed to the following principles and values in the development and provision of services:
- All services must be driven by the individual's rights, choices and needs, and must foster respect, growth, responsibility and empowerment of the individual.
- All services must focus on the person's whole life, build upon relationships and respond to changing life circumstances.
- Services must be continually evaluated and improved to ensure quality.
- Opportunities will be provided to foster public awareness and communication to enhance the acceptance and understanding of individuals with mental retardation and/or other developmental disabilities.
- All services shall connect persons served with their community.