Saint-Gobain is among the World’s 100 largest industrial companies, the largest building materials company, as well as a global leader in the production of high-performance materials and glass containers. In North America alone, Saint-Gobain recorded sales of over $7 billion in 2010 and employed some 20,000 people in more than 350 locations across the U.S. and Canada.
The Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Akron, Ohio facility is among the world’s leading producer of engineered, high-performance polymer products, serving virtually every major industry across the globe. The Akron, Ohio facility specifically manufactures flexible tubing for the food, beverage, healthcare and industrial markets with 2010 record sales of just over $44 million. The Akron, Ohio Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics facility is seeking highly motivated Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technicians which will assume the following responsibilities:
1) Effectively maintain the building(s) and equipment for plastic extrusion and associated process, and all associated departments.
2) Install, perform all levels of preventive maintenance functions, trouble shoot, calibrate, and repair such equipment.
a) Instruments, pneumatic, electronics, boiler water control, hydraulics, refrigeration, lubrication, AC and DC electric circuitry, and programmable logic controllers. (PLC’s)
b) Compressed air, vacuum, steam, steam condensate, water, gas, and fire sprinklers.
3) Employees must be able to work from equipment manuals, schematic wiring diagrams, machine drawings and blueprints.
4) He / she must complete forms for record purposes using computers or manual system
5) Performs finishing carpenter work.
6) Paints equipment as part of initial fabrication or if a repair damaged existing painted surface.
7) Performs inspections as required.
8) Performs masonry repairs or construction as required.
9) Performs concrete finishing work as required.
10) Performs repairs and all levels of PM’s on forklifts and company vehicles.
11) Assists in the maintenance of parts, inventory, including notifying Supervisor of shortage and properly putting away parts that arrive from orders.
12) Basic skills and physical demands required are, but not limited to the following are:
a) Electrical - install, trouble shoot, repair all electrical equipment power distribution and controls relating to AC and DC Motor Control Circuits and 480 Volts – 3 phase.
b) Carpentry - design, build and/or repair.
c) Pneumatic - fabricate, install, repair. Mechanical - fabrication, trouble shoot, repair.
d) HVAC - general troubleshooting, power connects and disconnects.
e) Piping - fabricate, install, trouble shoot, repair.
f) Welding - fabricate, install, repair, TIG Welding.
g) Fabrication - Sheet metal (welding, bracing, machine guarding) installation and repair.
h) Machine tool operation - hand tools, lathe, mills, drill press, band saw and miscellaneous precision tools.
i) PLC’s - Trouble shoot, interpret ladder logic program, down load programs, clears faults, repair
j) Boiler Operations
k) Lifting and Carrying up to 50 lbs.
l) Climbing Ladders
m) Walking, Standing. Stooping, Bending, front and overhead Reaching, Fine Hand Manipulations, Gripping
13) Operates forklifts and other Arielle lifts for maintenance functions.
14) Completes required records via computer or manual systems.
15) Adheres to departmental housekeeping guidelines.
16) Observes all factory, health, and safety rules (policies, procedures and work instructions).
17) Performs miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
18) Works in a team atmosphere giving assistance to fellow team members to assist them in the completion of daily duties.
The successful multi-skilled maintenance technician candidate qualifications include:
1) High School diploma or the equivalent
2) Able to read and follow SOP’s and Work Orders
3) Able to accurately use calipers and other measuring devices
4) Proven mechanical skills
5) Good general math skills
6) Good communication skills, oral and written
7) Able to work independently and as a team member
8) Proven competency with PLC’s
9) Proven welding skills and abilities
10) Proven machining skills and abilities
11) Proven electrician skills and abilities
12) Proven ability to repair / install AC/DC electric circuitry
13) Proven ability is demonstrated by passing the written and hands on test administered by an industry recognized third party administrator.