Young Truck Sales, Inc.
4970 Southway St. SW
Canton, OH 44706-1940
Phone: (330) 478-3912
Web: http://www.youngtrucks.com

 

Young Truck Sales, Inc. started in October 1954 as a dealer for White Motor Co. and was named Young White Trucks, Inc. at that time. The company started with 6 employees and was located on 3rd St SW in Canton. Herbert Young, his wife Nell Young, and son Richard Young founded the company. Their younger son Robert joined the company after finishing college.
By the mid-sixties the company had outgrown the downtown Canton location and moved to the corner of Perry Dr. SW and Southway St SW. Growth continued and in 1976 the company changed names to Young Truck Sales, Inc to reflect the addition of the Freightliner franchise as a separate line of business. Young also expanded their business by adding a body shop and a leasing company in the late 70’s.

A devastating fire in April of 1983 destroyed the Perry and Southway facility. The company made the decision to rebuild, and within one week of the fire was operating at its current location of 4970 Southway St SW. That decision was a good one and Young’s continued to grow. In 1989 Young purchased JayMac Body and Frame and expanded the leasing operation under the name of Young NationaLease, Inc. In the 90’s change accelerated. Young established a separate facility for their Volvo and GMC line of trucks, sold their leasing business to Penske Truck Leasing, and changed control of the dealership to the 3rd generation – Craig A. Young as President and Dealer Principal, and Robert P. Young as Vice-President and Used Truck Manager.

 

Facebook TwitterLinkedInGoogle Plus
Akronworks.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)
CAREERMARKETPLACE INC BBB Business Review