Brewster Parke Nursing facility has an immediate need for an experienced Activities Director.
The primary purpose of this job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, or established policies and procedures, to assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical and mental well-being of each resident
The following are the qualifications for the position:
The individual required by paragraph (A) of rule 3701-17-09 of the Administrative Code to direct the activities program shall meet one of the following qualifications:
(1) Has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within five years preceding the date of hire, one year of which was full-time in a resident activities program in a health care setting;
(2) Is licensed as an occupational therapist under Chapter 4755. of the Revised Code;
(3) Is licensed as an occupational therapy assistant under Chapter 4755. of the 2 Revised Code;
(4) Is certified by a nationally recognized accrediting body as a therapeutic recreation specialist or activities professional; or
(5) Has successfully completed training covering activities programming from a technical or vocational school, college, university, or other educational institution, and has one year of experience in recreational or activities services. Training may also be provided by an out-of-state provider certified in the state in which the provider is located to offer technical or vocational programs or to offer degrees and college credits. For individuals hired after April 18, 2002, the minimum amount of training needed to meet this requirement shall be ninety hours.