Brewster Water Resources Technician
As a Shearer's Snacks Brewster Water Resources Technician, job responsibilities will include the ability to operate and maintain an industrial water treatment facility in order to support manufacturing operations within applicable environmental regulatory parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform sample collection, preparation, and analytical laboratory testing
- Adjust the system processes and equipment based upon system analysis and trends
- Maintain records, perform data entry, and provide detailed standardized reporting
- Monitor and manage system performance to assure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency
- Follow technical operating procedures and develop operational improvements
- Manage time effectively in order to multitask and make calculated decisions across multiple processes
- Perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance work; troubleshoot equipment and diagnose problems
- Maintain high degree of cleanliness for all treatment facilities and equipment
- Previous wastewater experience preferred, but not required. Training provided.
- High School Diploma required. Environmental degree or Wastewater license a plus.
- The ability to function in a team-based environment as well as work independently.
- Excellent scientific, analytical, and diagnostic aptitude.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude for understanding and maintaining system equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work safely in varying climatic conditions.
- Ability to manage time effectively and make calculated decisions.
- Alternating weekends are required.
SHIFT: 7pm- 7am, MUST be able to work alternating weekends.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, 401(k) and company match, and a commitment to wellness.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required.
EEO/ Drug Free Employer