|POSITION SUMMARY: |
Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales. Defines business strategies by applying knowledge based on customer market. Responsible for growth of the client base through individual efforts and efforts of the account management team. Manages client assignments. Builds strong customer relationships. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops new business in defined geographic region to increase sales of the company's custom and stock products and services across all product categories.
- Responsible for growth of the client base through individual efforts balanced with commercial, operational and technical support and supports the new customer as the account manager on an ongoing basis.
- Builds strong customer relationships and manages all interactions with a typical account manager to ensure their business is supported effectively.
- Applies research to identify new targets including identifying prospects, developing prospects into customers, pricing and negotiation.
- Identifies, solicits and nurtures customers that support commercial goals and objectives.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities contributing toward achievement of established sales budget.
- Work closely with sales service representatives, plant production, quality and shipping departments.
- Responsible for sales forecast accuracy, timeliness, and shipping inventory to the customer.
- Discuss with department heads the overall account strategy including contractual issues, new product development, competitive information and new business opportunities.
Requires a related degree and at least 3 to 10 years of business development and sales experience.
Related experience within the packaging, printing, label or packaging equipment industries is preferred.
Technical skills in strategic planning, financial analysis, and forecasting.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Must be willing to travel.