CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Pharmacy Aide works under the supervision of staff pharmacist and reports to the Manager, Pharmacy Operations. Duties consist of filling IV admixture orders in the sterile products area of the pharmacy and maintaining adequate stock in the pharmacy, sterile products department, and nursing station medication storage areas. Also packages medications, utilizes automated drug cabinets, and processes employee prescriptions. Working directly under the supervision of a Pharmacist to dispense medication to outpatients, processing medication third party claims, ordering and receiving all prescription medication, over the counter medications and pharmacy supplies. Must be willing to provide excellent customer service. Completes sales transactions through the retail sales cash register. Attends meetings as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Must be registered with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
3. Previous pharmacy and/or hospital experience preferred.
4. Basic computer knowledge to use in various applications required by the job.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
6. Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
7. Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
8. Must be able to assemble IV admixtures, operate simple machinery and lift 25 pounds.
9. Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.