Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to join the fast paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily management of treasury forecast model to provide senior management with accurate and timely cash reporting.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns.
- Assist with annual personal property tax returns and other tax duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned government surveys.
- Assist with maintaining master customer incentive trackers, including working with the commercial team to obtain programs data, entering programs, calculating and analyzing accruals, and approving deductions.
- Perform inventory processes where responsibilities will include reconciliations to ledgers, research and completion of inventory credits and accounting for inventory.
- Collaborate with purchasing and commercial teams, as needed, to complete inventory valuation reserve analysis.
- Assist with monthly financial forecast processes.
- Perform corporate consolidated financial close functions where responsibilities will include account reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, and other tasks to support the team.
- Annual and quarterly audit support to include preparation of closing entries and providing work papers and supporting schedules for the external auditors.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced Corporate Accounting team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work, meet expectations and deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information.
- Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- Minimum of two years general accounting or finance experience.
- Flexible work schedule to meet deadlines as needed.
- Strong analytical skills with a detail-oriented and task-focused outlook.
- Excel intermediate skills required.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.