Shearer’s Foods, LLC. is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self -motivated, fast paced team player with a “can do” attitude to join our team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is responsible for a high volume of invoice processing and provides support service to the overall organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Matches invoices daily with internal purchase orders and addresses any quantity or price variances with appropriate approval.
Reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
Enters accounts payable data into MAPICS daily via electronic data entry.
Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of problems and inquiries.
Maintains accrual report for assigned segment(s).
Performs miscellaneous ad-hoc duties to support the business as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to utilize an automated accounting system
- Ability to adapt to changing processes.
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principals.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Associate Degree required and/or three to five years Accounts Payable experience.