The Associate Commercialization Manager (ACM) - Owned Brands is responsible for managing projects and executing the functional responsibilities associated with new product commercialization for Shearer’s Portfolio of Brands. Shearer’s Owned Brands include regional brands: Shearer’s (OH, PA), Barrel O’Fun (MN), national brands: riceworks®, and licensed brands: Larry the Cable Guy®, Dale Earnhardt Jr.®, Skinny Girl®, and control brands including Medallion and others.
Key responsibilities include managing new product development and assortment change projects by working with internal cross functional partners including Customer Marketing & Category Management, Innovation & Product Development, Sales, Retail Customers, Manufacturing, Operations, Processing, Quality Assurance, Finance, Customer Service, and Procurement to execute. The ACM, Owned Brands will also work with external supplier partners- especially packaging partners, to execute and manage assortment changes. The Associate Commercialization Manager's role includes providing technical support to meet the branded needs of Shearer’s Commercial Team. This position reports to the Senior Commercialization Manager, Contract Brands, Salty Snacks.
- Manage and execute the steps and stages of Shearer’s customers’ product lifecycles.
- Manage product commercialization through detailed project management, working closely with the Innovation and Product Development Team.
- Manager priorities against planned objectives in an effort to realize annual Budget objectives and support the application of Shearer’s Commercial strategy.
- Develop and manage a process to ensure 100% accurate part set ups and that all specifications and product requirements are met.
- Support Shearer’s commitment to joint business planning (JBP) and partner with Business Managers to execute Shearer’s Category Leadership Platform (CLP).
- Support Plant Trials, as required: Facilitate and lead Pre-Trial discussions with key stakeholders communicating project scope, process, and ensure Customer expectations are clearly defined and system and documentation requirements are in place.
- Facilitate Post-Trial discussions with key stakeholders to review results, determine next steps, and capture lessons learned.
- Partner with Business Manager and customer marketing teams to create selling decks and prepare for key account calls specifically to support innovation and product life cycle recommendations.
- Work with Business Managers and category management to develop new business opportunities and assortment recommendations to help achieve customer goals and realize internal revenue and EBITDA objectives.
- Manage active product changes. Coordinate product end of life obsolescence including developing raw material liquidation plans.
- Daily engagement with a cross-functional team primarily consisting of: Business Managers, Operations, Innovation and Product Development, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Finance, Plant and Customer Service.
- Support the development of technical packaging solutions including film, cases, cartons, and retail-ready displays. Work with Shearer’s Technical Services team to plan, roll out, and execute.
- Learn and develop strong working knowledge of all production lines and the processes necessary to commercialize products across facilities.
- Provide commercialization support to Business Managers team by developing and executing project trackers and managing actions and deliverables on time and on target.
- Work with external suppliers and customers to source resources, solve challenges and contribute to Shearers commitment to continuous improvement.
- Identify and execute ways to realize Shearers objectives to standardize and rationalize SKU’s, production, and work flow processes.
- Role Model Company values of Respect, Teamwork, and giving back.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent in experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer goods branded marketing and/or innovation platforms with food industry a plus.
- Ability to manage both internal and external customers and to adapt and manage through change.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Strong project management skill and ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in an organized manner.