The Associate Commercialization Manager (ACM) for Wholesale/Mass/Value is responsible for leading commercialization initiatives and managing priorities while executing the functional responsibilities associated with new product launches, innovation and product assortment management.
Key responsibilities include managing projects by working with key cross functional partners including Business Managers, Retail Customers, Innovation & Product Development, Manufacturing, Operations, Processing, Quality Assurance, Finance, Customer Marketing & Category Management, Customer Service and Purchasing to commercialize products. The ACM, will manage and maintain products, manage new packaging development, and provide technical and product segment support to the Sales team and to Shearer’s Retail Partners. This position reports to the Senior Commercialization Manager, Private Label and is located at Shearer’s Massillon Ohio headquarters.
- Manage and execute the steps and stages of Shearer’s customers’ product lifecycles.
- Manage product commercialization through detailed project management, working closely with the Innovation and Product Development Team.
- Manager priorities against planned objectives in an effort to realize annual Budget objectives and support the application of Shearer’s Commercial strategy.
- Develop and manage a process to ensure 100% accurate part set ups and that all specifications and product requirements are met.
- Support Shearer’s commitment to joint business planning (JBP) and partner with Business Managers to execute Shearer’s Category Leadership Platform (CLP).
- Support Plant Trials, as required: Facilitate and lead Pre-Trial discussions with key stakeholders communicating project scope, process, and ensure Customer expectations are clearly defined and system and documentation requirements are in place.
- Facilitate Post-Trial discussions with key stakeholders to review results, determine next steps, and capture lessons learned.
- Work with Business Managers and category management to develop new business opportunities and assortment recommendations to help achieve customer goals and realize internal revenue and EBITDA objectives.
- Manage active product changes. Coordinate product end of life obsolescence including developing raw material liquidation plans.
- Daily engagement with a cross-functional team primarily consisting of: Business Managers, Operations, Innovation and Product Development, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Finance, Plant and Customer Service.
- Facilitate and lead weekly discussions with cross-functional team to communicate status of current deliverables and elevate topics impacting project delivery
- Support the development of technical packaging solutions including film, cases, cartons, and retail-ready displays. Work with Shearer’s Technical Services team to plan, roll out, and execute.
- Learn and develop strong working knowledge of all production lines and the processes necessary to commercialize products across facilities.
- Provide commercialization support to Business Managers team by developing and executing project trackers and managing actions and deliverables on time and on target.
- Identify and execute ways to realize Shearers objectives to standardize and rationalize SKU’s, production, and work flow processes.
- Role Model Company values of Respect, Teamwork, and giving back.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent in experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer goods branded marketing and/or innovation platforms with food industry a plus.
- Ability to manage both internal and external customers and to adapt and manage through change.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Strong project management skill and ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in an organized manner.
Customer Focus – Possess a strong understanding of customer expectations and strategic direction and apply this information to strategic and tactical decisions.