Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world.
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a “can do” attitude to join a fast paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as a Cash Application Specialist. The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for processing a high volume of cash receipts while providing support services to the Accounts Receivable department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile assigned cash receipts daily against banking with customer invoice details and input cash receipt batches into the ERP timely with 100% accuracy.
- Contact customers and access customer portals for remittance detail and deduction/claims support as necessary to accurately apply customer payments.
- Collaborate with deduction team on product shortages/damages, pricing discrepancies or other deductions taken by customers to properly create AR adjustment invoices into the ERP daily.
- Prepare payments for cash application and process corresponding credits/debits to forward to distributors along with back-up documentation.
- Process corresponding credits/debits for four independent distributors including month-end reconciliation and reporting.
- Process assigned independent distributor EDI data entry for certain customer sales.
- Promptly respond to customer correspondence and requests in a professional manner.
- Generate copies of statements, invoices to customers as required.
- Assist collection specialist for customer updates/inquiries as necessary.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable department.
- Associates degree in accounting or business.
- Three to five years accounts receivable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts receivable procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excel intermediate skills required.