The Demand Planning Analyst is responsible for developing a monthly consensus forecast for specific sales segments. Key responsibilities include developing a baseline statistical forecast, understanding and adjusting historical outliers, incorporating market knowledge such as promotions or other events that would impact demand, and addressing forecast errors. Cross functional communication and alignment of the forecast is critical. This will include working with product development, sales, customer service, and scheduling. This position reports to the Director of Sales and Operations Planning.
- Manage the collaborative monthly forecast process as a key part of the S&OP process for a defined portion of the business
- Partner with sales and marketing to integrate promotional calendar and new product introduction into forecast plan
- Maintain and improve the forecast models (by product, customer and plant).
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Product management and Operations to incorporate causal events into the forecast, and align them with supply chain planning to meet customer service expectations
- Interact with customer supply planning teams
- Adhere to strict deadlines for deliverables in the S&OP system
- Monitor and improve key performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations / Supply Chain Management or related business discipline is preferred. An Associate’s degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working within the Demand and/or Supply Chain Planning process; Consumer Packaged Goods Industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Minimum of one year experience spreadsheet and statistical analysis or data analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.