Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world, and we’re looking for Production Supervisors in our 11 facilities nationwide.
Support the development of product recipes, seasonings and base formulation for Shearer’s products. Assure product development compliance for new products to meet kosher, USDA organic, GFSI (SQF) and other regulatory needs. Support the creation of nutritional panels, ingredient decks and Shearer’s new product development QA and R&D related needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, plan, manage and execute the steps and stages of Shearer’s product formulation and seasoning development. Accurately set up and launch new products ensuring NLEA and other legal and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate and partner with external suppliers (especially seasoning suppliers) to source resources, solve challenges and contribute to Shearer’s commitment to ongoing product innovation and taste, texture and appearance excellence.
- Manage active product changes and transitions to ensure nutritional and regulatory compliance on all packaging and labels.
- Work with QA and sanitation to communicate allergens or other food safety and nutritional concerns to ensure accurate product launches with gold standard quality.
- Work with Shearer’s technical processing team to execute production of new products.
- Coordinate with QA department to build, manage and maintain processes that ensure 100% packaging and nutritional declaration accuracy.
- Maintain accurate and effective research and development records, documentation and version control of new formulation, seasoning, and raw material evaluations.
- Support best practices and SOPs with regards to shelf life studies, product material evaluations and identify areas of opportunity for quality improvements. Support sourcing team in selection and procurement of ingredients.
- Track and the development of new and proposed products’ technical ingredient and raw material specifications including key quality assurance components of allergens, nutritional information, shelf life and more.
- Build a working knowledge of all production lines and the processes involved in product manufacturing. Understand the impact of these processes on the finished product with respect to nutritional composition and regulatory compliance.
- Create new product bases and seasonings and conduct proof of concept work.
- Provide technical product support to sales team with regards to ingredients, NLEA, marketing claims and food business regulatory issues.
- Consult with management and review assigned product project proposals to determine goals, time frames, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Four year degree in Food Science or a closely related field.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar role in the food industry.
- Knowledge of the applicable regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in an integrated operating environment.
- Technical acumen with passion for continuous learning.
- Ability and willingness to stay current with food industry trends especially related to product development and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.