Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world!
Transportation coordinators oversee transportation logistics and ensure products are delivered on time and according to regulations. The position will provide assistance to the Supply Chain Team and report to the Senior Transportation Manager.
- Work efficiently with Customer Service and Warehousing to achieve established shared goals, support order changes, special requests, and customer freight requirements.
- Evaluates and implements transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Provide support and validation for invoicing process.
- Track and verify on-time delivery of assigned customer and inter-company shipments.
- Responsible for timely and cost efficient movement of loaded trucks carrying various products.
- Manages and facilitates OS&D process and provides reporting to management as needed
- Support the Supply Chain Team by data mining, analytics, and recommendations to reduce operating costs.
- Optimize freight costs and lanes for customers to reduce total costing.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on carrier, customer, and site.
- Perform other duties in support of the department and company as assigned.
- Generate carrier tracking reports as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace setting.
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills with internal/external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Supply Chain or Logistics is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of logistics experience.
- Must demonstrate advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, functions, macros etc.).
- Able to query and analyze business data needs for initiatives and provide operational recommendations.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets into graphs, charts, and presentations.
- Strong analytic/problem solving skills a must.
- Must be organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of DOT and applicable Federal Regulations beneficial.
- Experience with Red Prairie Transportation Management System or similar logistics program preferred.
- Understanding equipment utilization and allocation beneficial.