Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery supports wellness and recovery through innovation in funding, collaboration, education and advocacy.
As Director of Marketing, Communications, and Community Relations, you will be responsible for overall brand management of StarkMHAR in the community as well as support of strategic planning within the organization.
- Robust Benefit Package
- Health Benefits begin 1st of month after start date
- Ohio Public Employee Retirement System
- Vacation & Sick Leave Accruals from day 1
- Prior Gov’t service may increase Vacation accruals
- 5 Personal Days & 7 Paid Holidays per year
- Responsible for developing and implementing a unified StarkMHAR communication/marketing strategy and budget which addresses the overall brand management of StarkMHAR (stigma reduction, liaison with internal and external stakeholders, promotion of programs/services, promote community value/involvement, etc.) and supports the organizational strategic plan; Ensures StarkMHAR is using cutting-edge communications and marketing tools and strategies; Work with individual internal program/organization leadership to help attain their goals as related to marketing and communications; Leads all communication activities for StarkMHAR including media relations, internal communications, sponsorships, and events, community activities, and overall brand management;
- Serves as department head and directly supervises the Marketing Manager in job functions; Participates as active member of executive management team;
- Spearheads future levy efforts; Plans, implements, and manages levy renewal project including but not limited to promotion, fundraising events, volunteer events, etc.;
- Serves as organization’s Public Information Officer; Sunshine Laws apply to organization;
- Act, along with the Executive Director, as StarkMHAR interface to influential state and local elected officials; Supports government affairs activities on behalf of StarkMHAR;
- Assist Executive Director in responding to community crises; Responsible for implementing organizational crisis communication plans as needed and updating communication planning documents;
- Coordinates efforts to establish and implement stigma reduction campaigns and measure change in public perception for social stigma as related to mental health and addiction issues;
- Develop and produce needed print collateral and digital materials to enhance marketing efforts including but not limited to the annual report to the community, a provider directory, e-newsletters, and robust paid and organic social media platforms;
- Oversees direction and digital content for all StarkMHAR-related websites and social media accounts and platforms; Oversees development of StarkMHAR’s Social Media Policy and Procedures; Develops and monitors social media presence during and beyond work hours; responds to comments and crises as they are presented;
Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, graphic design, or related field plus six years’ experience in public relations and marketing profession; Knowledge of advanced news writing, reporting and editing, photojournalism, graphic design. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; handle sensitive inquiries from contacts with officials and general public; write and/or edit articles for publication; prepare and deliver speeches before specialized audiences and general public; use proper research methods in gathering data; Proficient in use of computer; internet; web-based programs. Prefer at minimum intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs.
Salary Range: $67,200 – $100,800. Suggested Starting Range $67,200 – $79,800
- An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities that could qualify for a higher starting salary.