The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities is seeking full-timeCommunity Integration and Employment Specialists (CIES) to supervise, direct, and train individuals with developmental disabilities in a variety of settings. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide training, direction, supervision, and other supports to individuals in various settings. Activities can be one-on-one or in groups. Training can involve social skills, work skills, volunteer skills and various other types of skills and behavior training.
- Work cooperatively and communicate with other CCBDD staff members, family members and others to ensure execution of the individuals’ ISPs.
- Ensure that assignments are completed in accordance with the specifications of the assignment. Ensure proper record-keeping and compliance with safety and other legal requirements.
- May be required to participate in assessment of individuals. Will provide help and encouragement to them in achieving their goals and objectives; encourage individuals to make decisions which will satisfy their wants and needs. Will promote “good life” activities and promote a positive culture and positive relationships with all interactions and activities.
- Document individual’s progress and goals and other related paperwork. May participate in conferences.
- Provide behavioral supports according to the individual’s plan.
- Assist in assessment and selection of individuals for various assignments. Determine the capabilities of individuals for specific assignments using assessment tools.
- Give and/or apply prescribed oral or topical medications to individuals. Perform necessary medical procedures, when delegated to do so by site nurse and as required by individuals.
LOCATIONS: There are open positions at the following Adult Activities Centers: Brooklyn, Maple Heights, Parma, and Rocky River. When you apply for this position you will be asked to indicate your site preferences.
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Outstanding medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Government Pension Participation, and more.
- High school diploma or GED certificate of high school equivalence;
- Applicants must have either one year of experience working with adults with developmental disabilities or working in a vocational rehab facility; or one year of college.
- Applicants must have a valid state of Ohio driver's license and an excellent, insurable, driving record.