Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
As the Director of Human Resources, you will develop policies to enhance our culture, while coordinating and directing all human resource activities such as recruiting, compensation management, employee relations, benefits, training and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keeps records of benefits plan participation, hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
• Recruits, interviews and tests employees to fill vacant positions.
• Maintains benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave
of absence, and employee assistance.
• Processes payroll, retirement and benefit plan transactions.
• Completes all on-boarding documentation and employee orientations.
• Maintains and communicates records required by law or other departments in the organization.
• Develops human resource systems that meet management information needs.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and
ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
• Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety,
and sexual harassment.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Advises department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine
reasons behind separations.
• Recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
• Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms or
• Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans.
• Other administrative duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, etc.
• Society for Human Resource Management SHRM-SCP certification
• Ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources
• Five (5) years of management experience in Human Resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of LinkedIn Recruiter; applicant tracking software (Newton Software Preferred);
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization with 85 employees
- Collaborative work environment
- 9/80 Work schedule (every other Friday off!)
- Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Not currently, but expected with continued growth
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.