Appliance Repair Technician
About us: Hartville Hardware and Lumber is the country’s largest independent hardware store with over 7 acres of products, displays and even a completely furnished idea house under one roof. Customers come from near and far to experience our one-of-a-kind store and unmatched customer service. They also enjoy the rest of our campus with the TripAdvisor top rated Hartville Kitchen restaurant and the always exciting Hartville Marketplace. Our local, family owned company is a leader in the markets we serve and is full of people who work each day to go beyond our customers’ expectations. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage our team members to excel and grow professionally.
About the position: The Appliance Repair Technician is a full-time position dedicated to the installation, diagnosis of problems, repair and adjustment of various appliances. These appliances include: washers, dryers, ranges, ovens and refrigerators. He/she will also interact with customers in a professional and helpful manner while completing all required paperwork quickly and correctly.
- Install and/or repair top appliance brands such as: Speed Queen, General Electric, KitchenAid, Subzero and Thermador.
- Analyze and diagnose problems with appliances (washers, ranges, dryers, ovens, refrigerators, etc.)
- Make necessary repairs and/or adjustments by disassembling the appliance, adjusting, cleaning or replacing impacted components and then reassembling and reinstalling the appliance.
- Engage in professional and friendly customer service throughout all aspects of the installation or repair.
- Complete all required warranty/billing paperwork thoroughly.
- 1-2 years of experience repairing washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, etc.
- Clean driving record with no more than 2 points on their license
- Ability to relate well to customers
- Multitasking and critical thinking skills to identify the best solutions
- Ability to manage personal schedule
- Discernment to identify when additional help is needed
- Capability to occasionally work beyond the scheduled 40-hour week in order to finish jobs
- Physically able to lift and move heavy appliances
At Hartville Hardware and Lumber, we serve others as we would want to be served. You can expect a great working atmosphere, benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K, and a great discount at our store, and a team that wants to see you succeed. If you would like to join a company that works each day to go beyond, please apply!