This position is within the Energy Transfer tube manufacturing department. The job requires controlling and maintaining a controlled atmosphere continuous belt furnace to anneal and braze metal products.
- Set up, adjust and operate the belt furnace and auxiliary metal preparatory equipment to process product to specifications.
- Handle the Start Up, Operation, and Shut Down of the furnace through the use of a PLC and manual controls.
- Select the correct furnace recipe and enter into furnace PLC/HMI.
- Select all furnace fixtures to run parts.
- Maintain furnace fixtures as required.
- Maintain furnace logs and document furnace records.
- Setup and operate the alloy coating application machine to prepare products for furnace brazing.
- Load and unload furnace.
- Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety protocols.
- Read/understand prints and information provided in the shop traveler.
- Measure, test, and visually inspect tubes to insure they meet the print and all quality requirements.
- Work with downstream operations to ensure product suitability.
- A high school diploma with at least 1 year experience with heat treating equipment.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs. plus stand for extended periods.
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
- Exercise good judgment
- Able to multi-task
- Decision making ability.
- Time Management skills.
- Thoroughness/Attention to details.
- Communication proficiency.
- Be able to read basic drawings.
- Have the ability to perform basic calculations using shop Math.
- Read and comprehend standard operating procedures and be willing to learn.
- Able to accurately use a tape measure, calipers, height gages, and other metal measuring equipment.
- Results Driven.
- 3 years’ experience with a heat treating furnace
- 1 year experience with controlled atmosphere furnace