Home Health RN – Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse assigned to Home Care will demonstrate the knowledge and the skills necessary to provide quality care, based upon the nursing process and assessed physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs as appropriate to the age of the patient. The Home Care nurse cares for newborn, young adult, and adult patients.
Works under the direction of the Home Health Supervisor. Provides skilled nursing care in the home environment including initial assessment of patients of all ages during their life span, including implementation and revisions of the nursing care plan. Direct provision of technical care. Instructs patients and their caregivers in various pertinent aspects of the patient's care. Responsible for assigned patients, must have the ability to problem solve in the home through critical thinking processes. Supervises and assigns appropriate duties to the Home Health LPN and Aide. Assumes a Case Manager role while functioning as a clinical team member for assigned patients. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Nursing Degree (AD, Diploma, BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing.
2. Licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio.
3. One to Two years of nursing experience.
4. Excellent physical assessment and problem solving skills.
5. Point of care documentation a plus.
6. Empathetic attitude towards patients, excellent ability to function as part of the Home Health team.
7. Ability to adapt nursing service practice to demands of varying home environments.
8. Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Proof of Insurance required - access to reliable means of
transportation for daily work use (including liability coverage for vehicle) and ability to drive in
9. Ability to lift 20-25 pounds independently and assist with the moving of heavier objects.
10. Flexibility with patient assignments, scheduling and work environment required.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
12. Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
13. Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations, works independently and prioritizes work.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.