INFECTION CONTROL SPECIALIST – Full Time
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and conducts surveillance for hospital acquired infections.
- Analyzes data, creates reports and identifies trends.
- Provides recommendations for improvement.
- Investigates clusters of infections; outbreaks.
- Utilizes knowledge of microbiology, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of patient care equipment.
- Develops and implements infection prevention policies and procedures.
- Provides education and serves as a consultant to various levels of care providers.
- Coordinates infection prevention committee meetings and other related activities.
- Coordinates the annual infection prevention risk assessment, TB assessment, review and evaluation of the organization’s infection prevention plan and reports communicable diseases as required by the Ohio Department of Health.
- Collaborates with health departments in complying with issues related to outbreaks and control of communicable diseases.
- Complies with mandates for state and federal public reporting of hospital acquired infections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse. Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare-related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience preferably in epidemiology and/or infection prevention. Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) or willing to obtain certification within 2 years of hire date.
Strong communication, clinical assessment and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related programs).
Ability to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent communication, customer service, organizational and detail skills.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.