Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
The Company offers its customers a unique value proposition that includes innovation, product development, manufacturing, and category management expertise.
Because of the unique business model and value proposition, Shearer’s Snacks has very few competitors that match its total portfolio of capabilities.
Drivers of Growth/”Reasons to Believe”
- Shearer’s Snacks has more than quadrupled its growth over the last 10 years through Instrategic acquisition and organic growth, making it the leading private label and contract manufacturer of salty snacks, cookies, and crackers.
- The Company is a strategic supplier to a diverse customer base of leading retailers and branded snack food companies.
- Product innovation, technical product development, and category management are important and significant capabilities and set Shearer’s apart from its smaller competitors in establishing a value proposition in the market place.
The Inbound Transportation Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and improving the transportation network, with a focus on inbound transportation procurement throughout the organization with support from third party providers.
- Engineer solutions cross-functionally to build inbound transportation capabilities
- Drive operational excellence by establishing clear expectations, frequently reviewing performance and anticipating and providing contingency planning for unforeseen challenges throughout the network, while providing solutions for business continuity
- Accountable for leading best practices and establishing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Conduct Vendor quality reviews in conjunction with Procurement Team
- Monitor and analyze current systems for improvement and process improvements for managing inbound orders
- Act as process owner and SuperUser for the TMS System and assist in designing and implementing the JDA system to set the system up for success in managing inbound orders
- Drive business requirements and the architecture for leading technology platform, supporting managed freight solutions
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and monitor for compliance
- Analyze truck fill and implement improvements for full truck usage
- Consult transit time to support Production Scheduler Teams to manage inbound transportation to meet plant needs
- Provide support to the Transportation Coordinators, Logistics Analyst and Senior Transportation Manager as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace setting.
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills with internal/external customers.
- 4-College degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Must be organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Red Prairie Transportation Management System or similar logistics program preferred.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation