Rebecca Stallman Southgate School located in Canton, OH, has openings for full time Intervention Specialists in our school-aged program for the 2018/2019 school year. The successful candidates will:
- Plan and provide services and instruction to children
- Demonstrate knowledge of content, teaching methods and developmental sequence.
- Becomes familiar and gain knowledge of student experience and background
- Set appropriate instructional goals and design developmentally appropriate behavior plans based on data collected in assessment process
- Assesse student progress and develops and maintain lesson plans.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other staff in instructional preparation.
- Provide instruction in cooperation with other staff.
- Conduct developmentally appropriate screenings, evaluations, assessments, creates educational plans for and provides therapy to students with developmental delays;
- Consult with teachers, and other support staff and parents on a regular basis; and
- Administer standardized tests to school aged students and report findings to the committee on school aged special education during annual review meetings.
Successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ohio Department of Education Intervention Specialist license and mild/moderate; moderate to intensive certificate preferred. Valid Ohio Driver’s License
This is a 9 month position and will work 40 hours per week. Competitive wages and pension plan along with health, dental, life, and voluntary insurance programs.