Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Jun 8
Laborer – Landfills
Company seeking candidates
to work on landfill sites throughout the United States
Travel required up to 6 - 8 weeks at a time.
Company is seeking Laborers. Our Client sets industry standard for drilling and installation of LFG/leachate collection wells on landfill sites. They possess one of the largest fleets of LFG rigs in the industry; they are fully equipped to complete landfill gas/leachate drilling projects in difficult environments. Work is
Working knowledge of
pipe fusion equipment
, compacting and materials handling equipment
Must be willing and able to be away to work across the U.S. up to 6 - 8 weeks at a time.
Must be familiar with or able to become familiar with general landfill gas and leachate collection systems and applicable environmental and health and safety regulations
Should be proficient with a PC and Microsoft Office software
Be able to create and enter information into time sheets, dailies, expense reports, emails, etc.
Must be flexible and able to help co-workers and supervisors fill in where needed
Valid Driver’s license is required
Criminal Background Checks will be required- must be clear of any felony convictions. All other convictions will be considered on a case by case basis.
The primary duties the operator/laborer is expected to perform include:
Understand environmental, health and safety regulations and perform work in a competent manner in accordance with regulations
Assist project supervisors with materials, equipment and supplies for projects.
Perform construction activities safely and in a proper manner
Perform heavy labor work
Must have HDPE pipe fusion experience
Maintain, clean, and organize equipment and supplies
Responsible for completing paperwork neatly on a daily basis.
• Travel for extended periods, if necessary. It is anticipated travel will be 75 to 100 percent of the time - travel typically up to 6 - 8 weeks at a time.
• Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain
• Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely
• Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
• Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, if required
• Complete the USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes
• Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
Benefits and Schedule Overview:
Hourly wage based on experience - OT after 40 hours per week
Daylight shifts - Winter season average 50- 55 hrs per week Summer – 60+ hours weekly
Company offers medical, dental and vision after 30 days of service
401k plan with company match
Paid time off
Operator must report to a location set up by the supervisor to ride with the crew to the job site or company will pay for flight depending on location.
Paid lodging and daily meal per diem will be provided by company
Terms of Usage
Akronworks.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)