Kimble Companies is looking for a Land Administration Manager who can enter, maintain, and develop land interest data in various database systems.
We are looking for an individual who can perform the following essential functions:
- Analyze and interpret complex leases, contracts and/or instruments to determine and monitor ownership, rights, obligations, responsibilities, and costs of interest
- Evaluate and determine status of leases affected by shut-in, temporarily abandoned, or plugged wells, etc., and advise and coordinate with Operations Land as to what must be done to maintain the property
- Supervise the set up and maintenance of leases, minerals, contracts, and surface records.
- Assimilate and circulate monthly calendars for expiring properties and for payment of rentals, minimum royalties and shut-in gas royalties.
- Responsible for acreage figures related to leasehold status.
- Determine working interests and burdens associated with interests based on title analysis of deeds, title opinions, assignments, purchase & sale agreements, estate and probate documents, leases and royalty agreements and pooling declarations, etc.
- Communicate with landmen to determine title status upon completion of a new well, whether operated or non-operated. Monitor title curative duties retained by landmen and those delegated to division order analysts. Ensure appropriate actions are taken to cure title or waive defects assigned to DO section.
- Manage, train, and mentor department staff in the proper procedures and guidelines for the maintenance of accurate records. Establish processes and organizational structure to ensure lease protection, contractual obligations, and accurate reporting.
- Supervise the calculation, payment processing, and transmittal of rental and shut-in payments.
- Train personnel on processes and procedures of the department, as well as various segments of Land (i.e. different types of contracts, understanding of lease clauses, well master functions)
- Establish objectives and standards of performance for department staff including review of business processes for continuous improvements in procedures.
- Planning and problem solving for daily challenges, forecasted projects and/or shifts in work routines as well as planning and delegating work assignments.
- ESRI ArcGIS Support; develop background tables from land database for company mapping solutions.
- Analyze database for trends that can be displayed spatially.
- Collaborate with managers and teams for technical and procedural support.
Education, Relevant Experience, Knowledge, and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management preferred or business-related field or equivalent in experience.
- 5 –7 years of oil and gas industry experience with an emphasis in Division Orders and Properties Administration Land work. Significant background in title, lease and contract analysis.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite—especially Word, Excel, and Access
Other Skills, Abilities, or Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent time management, organizational and communications skills. Detail oriented and ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independent of direct supervision.
- Strong verbal and written language skills for the clear communication of information and ideas.
- Team player with the proven ability to interact well with people. Ability to function successfully in a team environment working with other Land Department and accounting personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive business matters.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record (must be insurable under our insurance company)
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information.