MANAGER, PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES – Full Time
The role of the Manager is to ensure the safe delivery of care to patients based upon physical, psychosocial, educational and safety related criteria appropriate for patients of all ages (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- The Manager, Perioperative Services works under the direction of the Director, Surgical Services. This position is responsible for the operations of the OR, PACU Units. Assigns units of work, evaluates employee performance, resolves or refers any identified employee complaints and administers discipline when necessary. The Manager is also responsible for the quality of work, productivity of staff, employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines as well as the financial management of the units of responsibility. The Manager, Perioperative Services is responsible for maintaining good working relationships with physicians and employees. Nursing Degree (A.D., Diploma, BSN, etc.) from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio.
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- Specialty certification and two years management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical competence, leadership and organizational abilities including writing and program development skills.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.