This position is within the Energy Transfer finning department. The job entails setting up and operating CNC tube fabrication machines to produce finned tubes by winding metal strip around pipes and tubes. Job entails setup, operation, troubleshooting, and maintaining the machine to manufacture the required products to print. The position also requires various operations to be done in the pre and post-production process.
- Set up and run tube fabrication machines to manufacture fin tubes.
- Read/understand prints and information provided in the shop traveler.
- Determining the correct tooling, fixtures and materials required to run the job.
- Setup and align machine using hand tools and gages to match drawing requirements.
- Troubleshoot machine during operation and make in-production adjustments to ensure product quality.
- Change out components required for the tube size, fin height and type.
- Load/unload tubes and pipes. Load coils of metal fin strip on to feeder reels/drum.
- Run parts efficiently - to print - with a sense of urgency.
- Be able to complete the job in less time than the standard run times called out in the traveler.
- Measures and inspect tubes to insure they meet the print and all quality requirements.
- Perform secondary operations as required during the Finning process such as welding, trimming etc.
- Load finished tubes on to racks for transporting to other departments.
- Keep the area, machines and tooling clean and organized.
- A High School diploma.
- Hand Tool proficiency – snips, files, pliers, hammers, wrenches etc.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs. plus stand for extended periods.
- Mechanical Drawing proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Shop inspection equipment proficiency.
- Able to read and understand production documentation.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity in metal forming processes.
- Learning Orientation.