Job Description for Maintenance Supervisor
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Date: November 19, 2018
Lead, manage, and motivate staff. Train and develop subordinates according to company policies and employment laws. Plan and maintain systems and procedures for operating efficiency. Manage staff for optimum performance.
- Maintain maintenance records for the department.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in overseeing the department.
- Issue work orders and maintain computerized and manual maintenance records.
- Issue parts in the absence of the parts staff.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possesses troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent records.
- Knowledge of computer use and data entry.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of heavy duty diesel engines, bus or truck frames and undercarriage components.
Mechanics, Service Technicians, and Building and Grounds.
This job operates in a shop environment often exposed to elements and weather.
Position Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate all company vehicles.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Maintain a valid commercial driver’s license from state of residence and a good driving record.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA does not discriminate based on race, sex, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or age nor will it tolerate retaliation as protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. SARTA maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity plan as a guide to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine-free work environment.
- Must pass an employment physical examination to be certified for the position and maintain a physical condition which, either with or without accommodation, allows completion of all essential duties.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must submit application online no later than 12/13/2018