Manager/Director – Environmental Services – Full Time
Core Competencies for the Position
- Manages all aspects of Environmental Services at the hospital, consisting of Departments of Housekeeping and Laundry.
- Understands and implements assigned duties and responsibilities to support team goals and objectives, working cooperatively with other team members, receiving and sharing information, soliciting input, identifying operational and interpersonal issues, and participating in problem solving.
- Develops and recommends environmental services policies to Administration.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of complex and comprehensive reports.
- Works with other public agencies to develop programs to address infection-control, biohazard and environmental problems.
- Represents organization in meetings with public officials, regulatory bodies, the business community, members of policy and advisory boards, community and civic groups, and the public.
- Directs the preparation and administration of the Environmental Services department budgets.
- Recommends and justifies program goals and related financial and staff resource needs.
- Accounts for the effective use of allocated resources.
- Monitors implementation of contracts for compliance and levels of service.
- Directs and coordinates the work of subordinate staff.
- Manages the hiring, training, promotion, evaluation, and discipline of hospital Environmental Services employees.
- Monitors and reviews employee productivity and performance, staff development, and program implementation for customer satisfaction, efficiency, effectiveness, work priorities, and compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Ensures that staff is provided with resources and technology necessary to provide excellent customer service while ensuring that aseptic conditions are met and maintained.
- Develops and implements employee development plans.
- 1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 2. Prior Management experience strongly preferred.
- 3. Ability to demonstrate leadership and organizational ability. Excellent writing, computer and program development skills.
- 4. Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with patients, families, peers and Medical Staff.
- 5. Excellent writing, computer and program development skills required.
- 6. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people, projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- 7. Ability to assess, interpret, comprehend and evaluate varied data.
- 8. Multiple task oriented, ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- 9. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach high shelves, lift 20-25lbs. and assist with moving heavier objects.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.