MIL – BACKUP Inventory Control Specialist
Your Career Continues at Shearer's Snacks Millennium Plant! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment in the position of Inventory Control Specialist.
This individual is responsible for serving as a BACKUP to the Inventory Control Specialist. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for planning and coordinating the acquisition of raw materials in parallel with production schedules. Must maintain adequate safety stock inventories while collaborating with other departments and/or companies. Prevention of interruptions, adequate and accurate inventory are steadfast requirements of the position.
Shift Available: Day Shift schedule may vary.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience – Warehouse and inventory experience a definite plus.
- Attendance – Good attendance- with flexible work hours- is a must for the Inventory Control Specialist. This is a skilled position that requires the associate be reliable and available on a constant basis. Communication with suppliers and company team members during and after normal work hours is, on occasion, required. Associates will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Safety Mindset – Create a safety and healthy workplace; make Safety Sustainability and Wellness a priority.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand, and effectively communicate to all team members, customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do basic math, conversions, and use formulas to compute inventory calculations. Research of inventory movement is a crucial part of this position.
- Leadership – The Inventory Control Specialist will be the example for the inventory team, as such they are required to follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Snacks. The ICS must have the ability to work well with others.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common situations.
- Troubleshooting Skills – Must have ability to work through problems by identifying root causes and implementing countermeasures.
- Computer Skills - Must have strong computer (Microsoft Office) skills required to calculate, track, and run reports.
- Physical Demands – Must be able to move, twist, or lift up to 50lbs.
- Time Management – Must be able to follow standard work instructions and balance time wisely.
MIL Team Members must meet the following eligibility requirements:
** Supply Chain Manager/HR Manager Discretion
- No more than 5 attendance incidents
- 0 active Final Warnings
- No prior job transfers within the past 1 year**
- No prior shift transfers within the past 6 months**
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.