Mechanical Assembler Job Description
Compass Systems and Sales LLC, a custom engineering and fabricator of material conveying systems, is seeking a Mechanical Assembler for our Barberton, Ohio location.
- Responsible for the assembly, repair and rebuild of moderately complex and complex custom fabrications, equipment, machines and subassemblies using appropriate mechanical and power tools.
- Read, interpret and follow blueprints, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Review job traveler and related documents describing work to be performed and in what sequence
- Ability to pipe and wire components per electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Ability to Install hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Work overtime when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
- Motivated individual possessing the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense in understanding and carrying out instructions furnished in oral, written and diagrammatic form; locate and identify problems involving technical set up and operating malfunctions, take measurements, and use technical mathematics.
- Strong mechanical ability
- Demonstrates positive safety attitude.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, motorized lift equipment, hand held assembly tools
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours and able to lift up to 75 lbs.
About Compass Systems:
We are engineers and custom fabricators in every sense. For over two decades, we have found better ways to move materials, providing both standard and custom solutions to our customers. You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
Why a Career with Compass?
- Growing organization
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off!)
- Collaborative work environment
- Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer