Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Summary: The Warehouse General Team Member will be responsible for shipping and receiving activities such as building pallets, performing physical labor while engaged in loading/unloading functions, forklift operation, moving pallets to and from the production area with manually operated pallet jacks, as well as all other duties as assigned. The team member will be expected to keep the work area clean at all times at a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing. This position reports to the Warehouse Team Lead.
Qualifications (Education) and/or Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Language Skills: Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area.
- Mathematical Skills: Applicant must possess good mathematical skills.
- Leadership: Must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Flexibility: Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
- Shift Available: B Shift: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, every other Wednesday 7pm-7am
Physical Demands: The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 50+ pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
Benefits: (Following 90 Day Introductory Period) Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Wellness Program, Flexible Spending Account, Credit Union Option, 401(K) with company match, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Company Uniforms.
After One Year: Paid Vacation and Tuition Reimbursement.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
REQ # 3046