Nurse Assistant – Full and Part Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Nursing Assistant works under the supervision of the RN. The Nursing Assistant actively participates in patient care routines assisting with activities of daily living and specific technical tasks with consideration for the age of the patient. Provides quality care in a customer-focused, considerate manner respecting the patient’s rights. Documents care provided following established guidelines. The Nursing Assistant also completes indirect care activities needed for the efficient operation of a nursing unit. Within the level of the individual’s qualifications, may be assigned to work on other nursing units based upon patient activity and staff distribution. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Previous experience in equivalent position helpful, STNA preferred
3. Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
4. Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
5. Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
6. Ability to work independently and prioritize work
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.