Process Improvement Specialist
Location: Dover, OH
Kimble Companies is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 60 years of experience in the waste industry. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
Functions as a change agent to help guide and promote a continuous improvement culture within the company utilizing variety of lean principals and streamlining tools. Researches, plans, trains, executes and facilitates operational improvement programs to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Prefer working towards Black Belt or Master Black Belt certifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training, workshops to driver cultural change
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing/business, materials flow, project plans, production capacity, design and create documentation.
- Successfully manage project timelines and resources
- Track, monitor and report regularly on project status
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Completes time studies to develop production standards
- Train local teams and apply process improvement tools that includes: Value stream mapping, spaghetti mapping, visual management, Kaizen, Kanban and 5s Workplace organizations
- Ability to communicate with employees, suppliers and customers as needed
- Administrate and create all SOP documents while also providing a continuous review and audit of their effectiveness.
- Provide analysis to Supervisors and Managers relative to work flow opportunities. Work closely with all employees of the company to ensure a connection and buy in to all areas of change
- Advocate for innovation and identify areas where great change can provide financial gain
- Provide leadership and mentoring in the use of Lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge and creating a culture of continuous improvement
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information.