Matalco is a primary-quality manufacturer of billets and logs for the aluminum extrusion and forging industry, utilizing world-class remelt technology. The company has started production at their new aluminum casting foundry, located in LORDSTOWN, OHIO. Matalco is currently staffing for PRODUCTION CREW MEMBERS.
This role will be responsible for a number of production tasks involved in casting molten aluminum.
- Experience working in heavy industrial environment; foundry environment is preferable
- Some familiarity with molten metal
- Ability to operate heavy industrial equipment: Forklift, bobcat, front-end loader
- Ability to operate overhead crane
- Prior experience operating large furnace/melters is a plus
- Shipping/Receiving experience is a plus
- Ability to complete paperwork/documentation
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, nights, weekends, holidays
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all OSHA standards
- Must be able to communicate and follow instructions
- Must be a team player; willing to help coworkers
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of the work area
- Must be motivated to meet production goals
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform some physical work in varying temperatures
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background/employment history and reference checks
The ideal candidate: The ideal candidate will have 4-5 years experience in a foundry, steel mill, roll shop, machine shop, or other heavy industrial environment. Safe, conscientious employee that only calls off work in extreme situations. EXCELLENT ATTENDANCE IS A MUST. Solid employment history, preferably not jumping from job to job every few years and no gaps in employment.
Starting Rate: $15.85 per hour, with increase to $17.26 per hour after satisfactory completion of 90-day probationary period
Matalco offers a competitive medical benefit package, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401k w/ company match.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all applicants will be contacted for interviews. Prior applicants and interviewees need not apply again. Applications will be accepted via this website and at matalco.com. PLEASE NO IN-PERSON APPLICATIONS AND PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS WHATSOEVER. No staffing agencies will be used to fill this opening.
Matalco is an equal opportunity employer.