Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Laborer will be responsible for manufacturing pre-cast concrete products by preparing molds for production, casting products, stripping finished structures and finishing stripped products.
- Set up molds for specific products. Lift mold parts to assemble. Read production orders to determine job specifications and requirements.
- Handle and assemble rebar cages per production specifications.
- Measure workpiece dimensions to determine the accuracy of mold set up.
- Finish fresh concrete after it has been poured into prepared molds.
- Strip finished products from molds.
- Remove excess concrete from structure and mold by scraping by hand and using steel wool to clean.
- Perform clean-up and housekeeping duties; sweep floor; shovel excess debris.
- Operate any equipment needed to perform the job.
Note: Other duties and special projects as requested.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Safety is a condition of employment. This role will need to abide by all facility safety standards
- Quality is a condition of employment. This role will need to abide by all facility quality standards.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to perform basic multiplication and division. Ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance and is frequently required to reach with arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and turn.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds individually; or, up to 100 pounds with assistance.
We offer competitive starting wage and benefits to include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, as well as a 401K plan.