NE Ohio heavy industrial, scrap metal processing facility has an immediate need for someone to become our Quality, Environmental, and Safety go-to. Applicants should have previous exposure to ISO governed Quality, Environmental, and Safety processes and procedures, possess excellent data entry and writing abilities, have strong organizational and communication skills, and be excited and motivated to become a member of our friendly, results oriented staff in this fast paced environment. Though presentable, this is not a pristine, up-sale, white-glove luxurious office setting. This is an hourly position with possibility for overtime.
We are NOT seeking a high level, well-seasoned executive, rather someone with some experience and/or exposure in some of these initiatives/disciplines. Someone with or working on an associate’s degree in these disciplines will be what we are looking for; not an expert but someone who may aspire to become one at some future point in time. This position has the shared responsibility of maintaining and providing on-site guidance for environmental, safety and health programs, and providing recommendations on implementation and improvements for the overall effectiveness of these programs, “maintain what we have and help improve it” with the ultimate goal of achieving zero accidents and maintaining full compliance with ISO, regulatory, permitting, and licensing requirements.
Primary Position Duties:
While essentially a position that requires a significant amount of data entry and clerical type, office administration work, including backing-up scale receiver and other office positions including some Human Resources and Payroll related duties, it's primarily focus will become and include the following:
Maintaining our current programs and helping to drive continual improvement and best practice in the areas of health, environmental, and safety tasks:
- Learn recognize, evaluate, and control employee exposure to industrial risk
- Schedule training of production personnel on environmental and safety topics (fire extinguisher, first aid, spill containment control, etc.) helping to oversee monthly team meetings and activities regarding same
Log corrective action, accident, and near miss incidents, and report findings to management:
- Assist in identifying root cause
- Develop and track environmental and safety metrics for production groups, and produce appropriate reports (weekly, monthly and annually)
- Conduct PPE assessments and evaluations for any changes
Insure legal environmental compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations:
- Keep abreast of EPA, OSHA, ISO and local environmental concerns
- Conduct environmental compliance surveillances and inspections for air, hazardous material handling, and storm water treatment systems
- Track, log and report EPA compliance of operating and storm water permits
- Monthly inspect of fire extinguishers, ladders, hoists and straps, drums and tanks, etc.
There exists solid growth opportunity and provides competitive salary, healthcare including vision and dental, paid vacation and holidays, and 401k plan with employer match. Qualified applicants must be able to succeed in a fast paced drug free workplace. All inquiries strictly confidential. EOE: