The Regional Operations Coordinator is responsible for maintaining carrier relationships, conducting pricing analysis, and providing customer service and dispatch. The success of this relies on establishing a successful partnership with our carrier base, keeping an open line of communication with our sales team and providing support to the management team.
- Supports sales in their effort to go to market with appropriate pricing.
- Communicates and answers questions regarding market trends, seasonal shifts, and any other effects on capacity and/or pricing.
- Responsible for establishing a regional lane focused relationship.
- Responsible for gathering ad hoc lane needs and matching it to the preferred lane needs of a core carrier base for outbound shipments within assigned territory.
- Partners with the Carrier Management group to resolve any quality issues.
- Provides phone support for shipment function in a high volume environment.
- Posts loads to the appropriate load board and ensures coverage.
- Maximizes purchase transportation costs by actively searching and matching carriers with the freight request.
- Dispatches drivers.
- Monitors pickup and delivery of all shipments originating from assigned territory.
- Communicates all service failures and delays to the appropriate sales staff and carrier liaison for immediate relay to the customer.
- Collaborates with carrier liaison to effectively define appropriate corrective actions and establish solutions satisfactory to the customer and carrier expectations.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
0-1 year experience required
2-5 years’ Experience with transportation, carrier market pricing for loads / lanes and demonstrated experience maintaining carrier relationships preferred.