Region Sales Manager is responsible for selling Foodservice, Wholesale and Vend in defined territory. He or she will be responsible for directing, developing and coordinating all aspects of sales and customer development. Emphasis will be building market share, expanding distribution and driving new sales thru new distribution and existing sales channels. This person must be a strong leader with the ability to motivate broker network, develop and close sales opportunities. This person must be an independent leader that is results oriented. This person will need to be a disciplined planner and implementer with strategic thinking ability. This position is responsible for sales reporting and planning for this territory.
- Initiate and execute strong monthly and quarterly objectives and plans for each state to drive new sales
- Clear planning with actionable steps for achieving sales goals for broker network and all sales network
- Ability to lead and influence successful broker team for continued growth year over year.
- Communication, planning and execution of corporate driven initiatives for Corporate contracted accounts; SYSCO, US Foods, IMA, GFS and Performance Food Group
- Creating sales goals to open new distributor accounts and new end user accounts
- Drives clear collaborative communication of all objectives for assigned customers across and into the sales organization, ensuring execution excellence in all geographies.
- Develops, plans and executes sales initiatives that achieve delivery of planned volume, revenue and profit objectives. Works cross functionally to develop annual plans and strategies.
- Ability to work cross functionally with the finance, product management, operations, quality assurance, and customer service and logistics teams.
- Management of marketing funds to increase sales while maintaining budget by account
- Management of professional schedule to incite sales, maintain existing relationships and continue growth of new client/customer relationships.
- BS/BA with 5+ years of related experience.
- Must be organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have foodservice sales experience thru distribution, manufacturing or other sales driven organization.
- Directly managed key customers including all levels of account management.
- Successfully develop sales plans and execute them via an effective sales strategy.
- Documented success in launching and selling product to the Foodservice class of trade for branded and/or private branded labels.
- Demonstrated success in category management for key accounts.
- Must be completely PC proficient, able to develop his/her own oral and visual presentations, spread sheets and general correspondence.
- 50% travel plus required
- Must live within the Territory with special emphasis on locations for maximum growth.