HARTVILLE KITCHEN - KITCHEN MANAGER (Back of the House)
Job Description and Bonafide Occupational Qualifications
The Kitchen Manager position is full time with benefits, 5+ years management experience in the Hospitality Industry required. The Kitchen Manager coordinates and directs the overall operations for the back of the house and kitchen area of the restaurant. Reports directly to the Executive Manager. The kitchen manager is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to:
- Perform personnel actions: Provide training and conducting management activities, such as creating work schedules, appraising performance, addressing complaints & disciplinary issues and resolving problems.
- Schedules and participate in training all (new & current) back of the house kitchen employees in food preparation, cleanliness, and sanitizing and safety procedures.
- Observe and evaluate employees and work procedures in order to ensure quality standards and service
- Monitors duties assigned to employees by supervisors and makes adjustments as needed according to business demands.
- Communicates with Human Resources in regards to personnel hiring needs, resignations, leave of absence and other pertinent issues.
- Ordering supplies for the restaurant.
- Monitor pricing and report discrepancies or increases to Executive Manager.
- Quality Assurance – oversees entire back of the house including prep kitchen, serving kitchen, carry out, warehouse and dishwasher area.
- Resolves customer service issues for the Carry Out department.
- Keeps the kitchen SOP manual up-to-date.
- Coordinate all supplies needed for banquets – ordering and prepping foods.
Performs other duties as requested by Executive Management.
POSTION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Experience: 5+ years in Kitchen Management in hospitality industry or related industry.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Kronos, email and web based programs.
Leadership Skills: Ability to influence other to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
Certifications: Servsafe Manager Certified.
Other Requirements: Language Skills: Ability to in English read and comprehend / compose instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and/or small groups of employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unite of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, decimal and percentages.
Physical Demands: This position requires standing, walking, and speaking constantly. The ability to lift / carry 10 – 20 lbs. frequently, push/pull 13 – 40 lbs. frequently.
This position is exposed to hot, humid work areas and brief exposure to cold (coolers & freezers) depending on work assignment. This position requires exposure to hot liquids and hot food products, intense heat from baking ovens, steam, hot surfaces, frozen and cold foods, and sharp knives, commercial food prep equipment, commercial cleaners and sanitizing chemicals. May be exposed to slippery floor conditions and must wear skid resistant shoes. This position is exposed to loud noises (due to adjacent dishwasher area.) Appropriate safety devices are available upon request and/or provided.