Are you looking to work in retail and for a company that provides good skills in your community? Come join our Goodwill team at the North Canton Retail Store and help make Good Skills possible!
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Retail Shift Supervisor to join our team at our Store! As the Store Shift Supervisor you will assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Store according to established policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for proper daily operations of store, supervise collections, processing, and pricing of donated goods. Maintain an attractive sales floor by effective merchandising of product.
- Itemize purchases on point-of-sale system; occasional price adjustment based on perceived value of goods; handles cash and make change; clears register and complete cash count and daily balance sheet.
- Utilizes personal computer software to input starting and ending cash amounts and maintain accurate customer records.
- Handles customer disputes, makes exchanges/refunds according to policy and assists customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Oversee quality control and inventory. Transfers store shipments to appropriate departments; assists in stock rotation.
- Assists in supervision and the training of new personnel. Set up or close out day's store operations in the absence of the supervisor, maintaining a secure facility.
- Assists in maintaining a clean store; such as: cleaning shelves, dusting, vacuuming floors and cleaning windows and mirrors.
- Receives and processes quality donations quickly which include sorting, tagging, testing, cleaning and prepares all materials for sale in the stores in accordance with agency standards. As directed, may be responsible for stocking of "new goods".
- Ensure safe working conditions and practices. Adhere to procedures and policies.
- Reports operations, personnel, mission and services and safety statistics accurately and timely.
- Experience in retail sales or demonstrated potential for management as evidenced by successful progression through position of increasing responsibility and authority.
- Ability to use personal judgment and information to make business decisions and solve problems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to perform a wide range of duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to give and exchange clear and concise information orally or in records and written reports.
- Experience with operation of personal computers.
- Ability to deal with people in a pleasant manner to maintain harmony among staff and customers.
- Know different shades and tones of color.
- Know merchandise within a variety of categories.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Certification in first aid and CPR is required.
- Ability to work varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays a must.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: constant standing, constant bilateral reach and handling ability; constant fingering and pinch grip; requires constant ability to lift/carry up to 20 lbs.; may require constant shoulder height reaching with either hand and firm grasp; frequent bending; may squat; requires frequent ability to push/pull less than 20 lbs.
This is a fulltime hourly position with offered benefits of: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. No Phone Calls Please.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran