Gregory Industries is a mid-sized steel manufacturer located in Canton, Ohio looking for an experienced safety manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing the safe production and shipping of galvanized steel products. This position leads and directs the Safety, Health, and Environmental programs at our two Canton manufacturing plants.
- Develops and administers health and safety procedures and programs and monitors compliance to reduce risks.
- Reviews all safety programs and documents and identifies and assists in correcting any gaps found to bring programs into compliance.
- Serves as the primary safety technical, regulatory and management resource. Works with the leadership team to ensure compliance with regulatory and company safety requirements.
- Interacts with regulatory agencies.
- Develops, conducts, and oversees safety training.
- Conducts incident / accident investigations, determines root cause and corrective action.
- Conducts safety inspections and walkthroughs.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a leading safety management role.
- Experience in developing and managing safety and environmental programs.
- Experience in conducting thorough root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Extensive experience with forklift safety programs and heavy manufacturing a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective team building skills and proven track record of success.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and exercise good judgment.
- Good organizational skills and flexibility in a changing work environment.
- Thorough understanding of federal and state regulations including OSHA and EPA and state and local requirements.
- Demonstrated experience investigating injuries, BWC claims and procedures.
We offer a very competitive salary / bonus program and benefits. Apply online at www.gregorycorp.com or send resume and salary history to: Gregory Industries, Attn: Safety Mgr, 4100 13th St SW, Canton, OH 44710, Fax: (330)430-9096 (No phone calls please.) Resumes lacking salary history will not be considered.