The Technical Sales Rep serves the customer by identifying their needs while estimating and quoting the products the customer requires. Also provides customer support for orders placed.
- Estimates projects for new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of an organization's products and/or services.
- Make recommendations and provide technical machine shop advice to customers.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales.
- Limited prospecting of new customers using web based marketing tools.
- Provides customer support on in house orders.
- Informs customers of all relevant company policies/procedures and initiatives.
- Assists customers with problem solving, takeoffs, project layout/design.
- Maintain a professional/working image in self and work environment.
- Estimating and preparing quotations.
- Fulfills customer needs for current literature, catalogs, costing, etc.
- Pricing Bill of Materials.
- Project management.
- Input orders into ERP system.
- Five (5) years of experience in independently programming or estimating CNC machine tools.
- Very strong problem solving skills with a background in precision machining.
- Competency in blueprints and drawings.
- Maintain a high level of manufacturing professionalism.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Understanding of machine parameters such as speed and feeds of common metals.
- Results Driven.
- Technically self-sufficient in common machine practices.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Continuous Learning Oriented.
- Proficiency in software: ERP Production software, MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Machine tool operation experience
- 5 years selling experience
- Formal sales training
- ERP software
- Employee Orientation