Kimble Company is seeking a Scalehouse Attendant/Administrative Assistant for our Canton Transfer Station.
The Scalehouse Attendant is responsible for attending to truck scales and determining volumes and weight of loads, collecting gate fees, maintaining accounting records, and acting as a resource to truck and vehicle operators as well as the public. This individual will perform a variety of operational, recordkeeping, and clerical tasks within clearly defined guidelines and established procedures. The scope of work extends to other waste management service operations at the landfill, transfer stations, well sites, and recycling facilities.
- Utilize strong computer skills
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, managers, and the general public.
- Effectively communicate using a telephone and radio.
- Manage cash and company assets.
- Demonstrate analytical skills.
- Perform general administrative tasks and recordkeeping functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a strong customer service front – both internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required (Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced trucking or scale operation preferred.
- Some weekend availability required.
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Please apply online or come see us in person at a location near you:
1511 Shepler Church Ave SW, Canton, OH 44706
3596 State Route 39 NW, Dover, OH 44622
2403 Chase Rd SE, Carrollton, OH 44615
8500 Chamberlin Rd, Twinsburg, OH 44087
4217 Glenn Highway, Cambridge, OH 43725
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military status or genetic information.