Job Title: Service Technician (Trailer Shop)
Reports To: Trailer Shop Supervisor/Service Manager
Hours of Work: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Repair brakes, suspensions, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, interior and exterior repairs, including fabrication and other problems as identified. Perform PM’s and DOT inspections. (Importance 30%/Time Spent 30%)
- Initiate diagnosis of the vehicle’s problem(s). Drive the vehicle into the bay, hook up the computer and diagnose the problem area(s). (Importance 25%/Time Spent 20%)
- Follow all safety guidelines: use of wheel chocks; lock out/tag out; all other safety requirements set by OSHA and Young Truck Sales. (Importance 20%/Time Spent 15%)
- Order parts to complete repairs through the shop foreman or on parts requisition from parts department. (Importance 10%/Time Spent 5%)
- Clean the shop bay and surrounding area as practical between repair jobs. (Importance 5%/Time Spent 10%)
- Document the story of the details of the repair. (Importance 5%/Time Spent 15%)
- All other duties as assigned. (Importance 5%/Time Spent 5%)
- High school education or its equivalent is required. Vocational or associate’s degree in diesel engine repair or its equivalent is preferred.
- Possess a valid Ohio driver’s license with the ability to be insured by the Company’s motor vehicle insurance carrier.
- Class A – CDL preferred.
- Ability to walk up to ½ mile in all weather. Ability to climb into the cab of a truck. Ability to walk up and down stairs. Ability to bend, crouch, and lift up to 50 lb.
- Able to work on-call after-hours and weekends for road service calls.
- Possess good time management, ability to prioritize, attention to detail, and basic computer skills.
- Have an understanding of cryogenic, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Be adept at welding and fabrication.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and outside –the-box thinking.