For company information, please visit the JSI website - www.jsijanitorial.com
We are seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Site Supervisor. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, flexible and willing to take on routine, non-routine and special projects as needed. The Site Supervisor is responsible for supervising the cleaning and sanitizing of office or medical facility meeting rooms, restrooms, kitchens, dining and public areas. This is a fantastic opportunity for cleaning professionals looking for steady employment in the facility cleaning industry.
Site Supervisor responsibilities include: perform/supervise general clean-up of all areas of the building, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning windows and scouring to fulfill obligations based on the package each client selects; Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders including handling emergency cleaning and upkeep requests; Remove trash, garbage and recycling as scheduled and prepare bins for pick-up. And, proper cleaning and polishing of halls & corridors, banquet rooms, elevators, restrooms, kitchens, dining and public areas, etc. Supervise/perform floor care of all areas of the building, including vacuuming, mopping, carpet cleaning and hard floor care to fulfill obligations based on the package each client selects; Also complete non-routine floor care according to specific job orders including handling emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
Supervisory responsibilities include: arrange for coverage in the event of an employee absence, recommend disciplinary action and or termination of employees whenever necessary, perform nightly inspections to ensure that specifications are being met, correct deficiencies in buildings whenever necessary, Perform other duties as assigned, including some weekend coverage, etc.
Hours: Monday - Friday - 6:00 pm - 2:30 am, Starting pay up to $15.00/hr some weekend work required.
For the Site Supervisor position, please apply only if you meet the following:
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
• Reliable mode of transportation and a current driver™s license is required.
• 1-2 yrs of professional floor technician experience is preferred.
• 1-3 years janitorial and supervisory experience in housekeeping, office cleaning, medical cleaning, bank cleaning, restaurant cleaning, retail store cleaning, food service cleaning, kitchen cleaning, cooking, etc. is a plus.
• General knowledge of floor care products, cleaning tools and best practices
• Ability to learn and follow JSI floor maintenance/care procedures.
• Operation of various types of floor care equipment including; scrubbers, high speed burnishes, carpet extractors, buffers, vacuum machines, etc.
• Willingness to maintain confidentiality
• Willingness to work shifts as assigned
• Ability to work well with minimal supervision
• Capacity to take direction
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds as necessary
• High school diploma/GED preferred
Additional titles Janitor, Custodian, School Janitor; Housekeeper, Floor Tech, Lead Cleaner, Supervisor, Manager, Cleaning, Cleaner
• We offer advancement opportunities and encourage promoting from within.
• Full time employees eligible for 401k with matching employer contribution and profit sharing, vacation and paid time off after one year.
• JSI is fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act, offering health insurance to all qualified employees.