LSI Industries is currently seeking an experienced Custom Fabricator for our production facility located in North Canton. This is a great opportunity to use your skill set! The Sr. Custom Fabricator will assemble and paint components, tooling fixtures and complex prototypes for sign & display customers.
- Design and fabricate components and assemblies using aluminum, steel, plastics, wood and composites according to work order and/or drawings.
- Design and fabricate tooling fixtures and jigs for production.
- Design and fabricate complex prototypes based on concept sketches and specifications.
- Able to pass medical questionnaire and fit test for respirator
- Knowledge of the use of a gravity fed spray gun
- Understand the painting techniques on all substrates painted at location
- Have an eye for color samples used to match color approval
- Operate Binks spray & cure booth
- Document detailed design changes by marking blueprints, drawings or work orders.
- Apply rolled vinyl graphics and printed decals by operating vinyl laminating machine or hand cutting and pre-masking or strip weeding and merging.
- Position parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners or adhesives.
- Modify parts through the operation of saws, shears or by welding or remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- Cut wire, assemble harnesses and lamp track sub-assemblies, and wire signs.
- Ensure that machines, equipment and tools remain in good working order by performing daily preventive maintenance, regular and consistent inspection and repair; completing checklists as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.