Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
This position exists for the purpose of training, leading, and supervising hourly maintenance associates to continuously improve the reliability, cost, safety, and the environment of Steel processing equipment. This position will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance and reliability to ensure on time delivery of a quality product. Supervision will be working with others in a team style to accomplish Faircrest Steel Plant (FSP) KPI goals.
- Supervise and assist with timely restoration of any steel processing equipment from failure or breakdown.
- Ensure all planned maintenance activities are accomplished in a timely manner and that appropriate Maximo recording is completed.
- Utilize the Maximo system for entering job orders with descriptive work scopes.
- Increase the efficiency of the maintenance associates by providing support in areas of job scopes, job procedures, job priorities, materials, tools, and equipment required to complete tasks.
- Develop and enforce a safe working environment through job safety analysis and safe work procedures. Follow all required safety and environmental documentation to stay compliant with TimkenSteel and governed regulations.
- Follow through to ensure that jobs and tasks are completed in a timely fashion and maximize the equipment reliability.
- Recognize opportunities to enhance operations through preventative maintenance.
- Direct the execution of preventative, predictive, and other maintenance programs advanced by the Reliability Leadership Team for the purpose of continuously improving the operation and quality of steel processing equipment.
- Communicate with operations, reliability, and manufacturing associates to determine job priorities and timing implementation.
- Supervise any contracted personnel or other hourly associates from other departments assigned to assist in large planned maintenance repairs or projects.
- Enforce TimkenSteel's conduct guidelines and work within contractual obligations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 8+ years of supervisory, manufacturing maintenance or related experience OR
- Associate's degree in business / technical major with 6+ years of supervisory, manufacturing maintenance or related experience
- Ability to use a computer to type reports, issue email, and create documents.
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written).
- This position will require working a rotational and flexible shift; may include holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business with 3+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience
- Familiarity with working in a union environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.