Canton Chair Rental
Delivery & Tent Installation Department
This Job Description is a general overview of some of the tasks that our crew leaders perform at Canton Chair Rental. This document is not meant to be an offer of employment or a contract. It is a guide to assist the applicant.
Some of the inventory you will be working with: Tents, Tables, Chairs, Staging, Dance Floors, Bleachers, Linens, Dishes, Wedding Related Items, Concession Equipment, Bars, Helium, Grills, Place Settings, Serving Equipment and Much More.
- Supervise and assist tent crew and warehouse support employees with pulling/loading tent & related equipment.
- Ensure that trucks are loaded properly.
- Supervise the proper and safe installation and removal of tents ranging in size from 10’x10’ to 60’x140’and other rental equipment per manufacturer and company safety policies & procedures.
- Serve as on-site liaison with customer.
- Responsible to ensure return of all rental equipment delivered to customer.
- Work with tent crew and warehouse support staff to unload trucks. Report to sales and/or management any necessary repairs of rental equipment needed.
- Assist and supervise cleaning of rental equipment to prepare it for the next rental.
- Help with equipment maintenance (repair items, paint, general upkeep)... to keep rental equipment in top shape.
- Get involved in helping develop processes to enhance productivity.
- Participate in event preplanning and post event evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nature of the Work:
Supervise and assist the tent installation and delivery crew. The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required.
This employee may stand for long periods of time. The work will be split between general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned and conditions outside which vary from day to day. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is required and additional schooling is preferred.
- Related work experience is preferred.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is required. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must be able to pass company drug screen.
- Have a clean driving record-normally no more than two points on your driver’s license. (CDL not required)
- Present a professional image to our customers. We want to remain a “cut above the rest”.
- Be a self-starter, display initiative, and be a problem solver.
- Have the ability to work on your own as well as with others.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs. (installing tents, setting up stages, bleachers… require strength in order to handle the set ups).
- Have the physical stamina to be on your feet all day.
- Have high standards and take pride in your work, which will reflect on the quality of the product you are putting out to rent.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Be able to work closely with office staff to attain the goals of the company, which is to rent out our equipment in top condition and to please our customer. As our slogan say, “We don’t just rent tables and chairs, we rent EVENTS!”TN
- For a Full Time Position, you will work 40 plus hours per work week, which runs Sunday-Saturday.
- There will be times (especially during the summer May 1st to Oct. 15) when you will be needed to work additional, due to the seasonality of the business, last minute orders and changing weather conditions. Often there are set ups that require starting the work day earlier than 7:00, and there are times when the work day will require ending later than 6pm. Sundays and Summer Holidays are also days that may need to be worked based on the amount of orders that need delivered/picked up. We try and rotate this responsibility between employees, if possible.
- Simple IRA retirement program with company match
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
On the job training is provided.
This description is not an employment contract. Employment requirements are discussed in our employee handbook-available on request.
At Canton Chair Rental
We Don't Just Rent Tables & Chairs
We Rent Events!TN
Check out our web site to find out more about Canton Chair Rental and what we do.
If you are interested in getting involved with a great family owned company, please apply now.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Please Apply Now!
Canton Chair Rental
4850 Southway St. SW
Canton, OH 44706
Canton Chair Rental Is A Drug Free Workplace